The following fertility treatments are offered in our clinic:
- Fertility work up & Pre-Pregnancy Counselling
- Natural Fertility & Naprotechnology
- Ovulation Induction
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome management
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis
- IVF Treatment – Monash IVF, please see below
- Treatment of Male infertility including ICSI
- Genetic Screening & PGD
- Donor Treatments and Surrogacy
Step 1 – You will need to obtain a GP Referral
Please ask your GP for an indefinite referral to a Monash IVF Fertility Specialist.
Step 2 – Consultation with a Monash IVF Fertility Specialist
Appointments with Fertility Specialists are made through their private consulting suites, please call their rooms to arrange an appointment. You will need your referral from your GP.
At your first meeting, your Fertility Specialist will give you an overview of possible treatments.
Step 3 – Registration and Preliminary Investigations
Your Fertility Specialist will then give you a Monash IVF registration form, whick will need to be completed and returned.
During your initial visit, your Fertility Specialist may refer you for the following tests:
- blood tests for both partners
- ultrasound for the female partner
- semen analysis for the male partner.
Step 4 – Getting Started
You will need to make contact with a Monash IVF Patient Coordinator who will arrange a block appointment for your preliminary investigations, mandatory counselling and payment information session.
Step 5 – Obtain a National Police Record Check and Child Protection Order Check
You and your partner must complete both an application form and a consent form, please download and fill these out:
- The National Police Record Check is available at www.police.vic.gov.au, located under services – Police Records Check, then when filling in the form under section E, select ‘Option 1 – contact with children’ and specify ‘IVF applicant’.
If you or your partner has never lived in Australia you must obtain a police check from your country.
Please note: If any of these checks indicate that there may be a ‘presumption against treatment’, your treatment may be delayed until the matter is resolved.
Step 6 – Confirm your treatment plan with your Fertility Specialist
When your test results are available, your Fertility Specialist will meet with you to confirm the appropriate treatment option.
Call your Fertility Specialist’s private consulting suites to arrange a follow up visit at least 10 days after your preliminary investigations are completed.
Step 7 – Meet with your Fertility Nurse
This is your introduction to the Fertility Nurse who will be your contact point at every stage of your treatment, offering you information, guidance and support.
Step 8 – Begin IVF Treatment